At Phone Link we provide effective, up-to-date networking infrastructure and structured cabling for buildings in the Tampa, Lakeland and Sarasota, Florida areas. This includes voice, data, video, and other management systems. A building’s cable system is the backbone for any communications within a business.
Structured Wiring Services:
- Cabling Installation (Ethernet cabling) using Cat 5, CAT5e, and Cat 6
- Voice / Telephone Wiring & Cabling Installation
- Structured Cabling Design & Implementation
- Fiber Optic installation in Tampa, Lakeland, Sarasota and surrounding areas
- Business phone systems
- VoIP Phone Systems
- Aerial cable installations
- Direct burial services
- Data Wiring & Network Installation
- Outside plant cabling
What to consider when having your cabling structured:
There are many things to consider when having structured wiring installed. What applications a company uses, the future of the business, and what bandwidth speeds are needed must all be determined before deciding which type of wiring should be used for the building. Our experts can meet with you and discuss the structured cabling options for the specific needs of your Tampa, Lakeland, or Sarasota office.
What applications will your business use?
The type of applications your company will use will determine the type of system needed. Whether you need a wireless internet, IP cameras, VoIP or something else, it’s important to consider how much bandwidth your company will need. There are three types of networking wiring that are widely used today.
- Cat5: Category 5e cabling (CAT5e) is an older type of wiring. This particular wiring can support bandwidths of 10Mbs to 100Mbs. Shorter cables generally have higher bandwidth speeds closer to the 100Mbs. There is also an enhanced version of this called category 5 enhanced (CAT5e) which offers less interference between wires inside the cable. This supports bandwidth speeds up to 1,000 Mbs.
- Cat6: For building owners in Tampa, Lakeland, and Sarasota in need of structured cabling with high speed bandwidth, the category 6 cabling (CAT6) might be right for you. As an improvement on CAT5, there is less interference between wiring and supports data speeds of 10GB.
- Fiber Optic: This type of wiring uses light to transmit data from one source to another as opposed to electricity. This makes it immune to electrical interference from other wires. For more information of fiber optic cabling call Phone Link today!
A building’s structured cabling should be standardized. This way, whatever equipment, applications, or systems are used, there won’t be any issues or limitations implementing and interfacing. Companies should be able to use the wiring regardless of the brand of equipment. Updates, installations, and additions are much easier when everything is standardized. Phone Link offers the organized standard structured cabling for your Tampa, Lakeland, and Sarasota building.
Structured cabling generally lasts around 10 years. This means that the wiring should support at least 4 generations of new/updated equipment. Newer technology generally requires more data and faster speeds, so business owners should over-anticipate how much bandwidth they will need.
It’s important to consider future needs when having structured cabling installed. Anticipating the growth of the company and the use of future applications is essential for ensuring that your company will have the infrastructure it needs. While there are no guarantees on what your business will need in the future, it’s always better to be safe than sorry.