Though they may sound like an intense measure against wrongdoings, security cameras are an incredibly helpful resource for homes, apartments, businesses, hospitals, retail locations, and anywhere there are people. Safety is of the utmost importance in Lakeland, and having a video feed of your surroundings can prove extremely helpful and even lifesaving when you least expect it. Everyone can benefit from added security, and Phone Link FL has the technology and expertise to get you started with ease!
Security Cameras and CCTV
At Phone Link FL, we regularly work with security cameras and CCTV. CCTV (Closed Circuit Television) is a system of monitors and recording devices that sends a live feed to the display, showing you what the recording implements see. Imagine the footage of a bank robbery that you may have seen on the news, and you will have the basic idea of what CCTV does. Unlike broadcast television, this form of transmission is closed, so you will not have to worry about others connecting and seeing what you are seeing. Establishments in Lakeland that frequently use this type of security include:
- Gas stations
- Convenience stores
- Production plants
- Train stations
- And more
The remote capabilities of CCTVs make them popular because the monitor does not have to be in the same location as the camera. They are even equipped with recording abilities, so you can permanently store the feed on a removable drive (flash drive, CD, etc.) and refer to them in the future.
Residential Uses for Security Cameras
If you are a humble homeowner, parent, or apartment dweller who is thinking, “I don’t think I need anything like security cameras for my house!” you may want to reconsider. Many Lakeland area residents are opting in for higher protection nowadays, and security cameras are their first measure. There are unlimited uses, although many people install them for:
- Nanny cams. If your kids are home with the babysitter or someone is house watching for you, you never have to worry about what is going on while you are away.
- Watching kids and pets. If you are at work or on vacation and concerned about how your children or pets are doing while you are out, you can simply open the feed on your phone, tablet, or computer and check in without disturbing them.
- Intruder alerts. Lakeland residents have been able to sleep peacefully at night knowing that they can roll over in bed, open up an app, and see if there is anything fishy going on through their CCTV feed. If you hear a noise, you do not have to get up and investigate. You can check the monitor and call the authorities if necessary.
- Peace of mind. Have you ever left the house for the day, got to work, and then felt that drop in your stomach wondering if you turned the stove off? You can also check to make sure your lights are off, your garage door is closed, and that you did, in fact, turn off the oven thanks to CCTV monitors.
As you can see, there are many uses for security cameras in a residential setting, and you will certainly see a multitude of benefits from having them installed at your home in Lakeland.
Commercial Uses for Security Cameras
Most people probably imagine a commercial setting when thinking about security cameras in Lakeland, and that is because, traditionally, that is where they are most openly used. Common uses include:
- Deterrence of theft. With security cameras throughout your establishment, potential thieves (both those visiting your store and those working in it) will be deterred from stealing.
- Monitoring for product placement and display. By recording consumer habits and patterns, you can figure out where certain products sell better. You can also get a better idea of where to place displays and how to set them up to be the most effective.
- Records for disputes. If someone claims they were harassed or that some other incident occurred, you can use recorded video feed to find out the truth.
- Checking in. Many business owners in Lakeland do a lot of work remotely because they have so many obligations. If you are on the move, you can use your video feed just to check in and see how things are going.
- Remote problem solving. If there is a problem while you are away, you can use visual feedback to understand and solve the problem better than ever.
Phone Link FL’s Innovative Security Cameras and CCTVs
With a little help from us, your home or work location in Lakeland can easily be fitted with security cameras, boosting protection and safety. We have been helping clients with all of their technology and communication needs for over 15 years, and we can help you, too. To learn more about our services, give us a call today at 813-781-3529.