- Which is the administrator phone?
- How do I change the time and or date on my phone system?
- My phone goes on speaker phone automatically, how do I turn this off?
- My phone’s ringer is off on both incoming, outside calls and intercom calls. What do I do?
- My phone’s speaker phone isn’t working. How do I turn it on?
- How do I place a PAGE over the telephone system?
- How can I save the volume for my speaker my handset and my ringing phone?
- How many parties can I connect on a conference call?
- Why is my Message-Waiting light on?
The phone from where the system is placed into night mode. That is the phone that shows system alarms. Usually it is the receptionist phone, office manager, extension 100, or extension 1000 but it can also be any other phone with a large display that has been designated as an Administrator phone.
From an Administrator phone, dial feature code 9800 and the follow the steps shown on the display screen.
With the handset on the cradle, dial the default feature code 319 (Handsfree Mode). This default feature code is a toggle and it will turn on and off the Handsfree mode.
With the handset on the cradle dial the default feature code 398 (Ring Tone Type) and select ring tones from 1 through 9 or use the volume bar to scroll. Do not use the 0 as your phone will not ring. To save the last ring tone heard press the speaker on/off button or pick up and hang up the handset.
You have probably turned on Headset mode by mistake. Remove this by dialing the default feature code 317 (Headset Mode) with the handset on the cradle. This default feature code is a toggle and it will turn on and off the Headset mode.
Paging is a standard feature on the phone system but through programming that feature code may have been changed or eliminated at the customers’ request. To page lift the HANDSET, Press PAGE and dial the Page zone code (if required), Make your announcement and then always depress the hookswitch to hang up instead of just putting the handset back in the cradle to avoid a crashing sound through all the speakers.
There are three separate volumes you are able to set on your phone. The key to setting each one is that you must be using the one you want to set.
- To set the RINGER volume your phone must be ringing and press the volume/scroll keys to the desired level then hang up.
- To set the SPEAKER volume press the SPEAKER button then press the volume/scroll keys to the desired level then hang up.
- To set the HANDSET volume lift the HANDSET button then press the volume/scroll keys to the desired level then hang up.
Depending on your system you can either have 4 or 8 parties in any combination of internal and external calls.
There are two reasons that your Message-Waiting light may be on:
- If you have a voice mail message in your box, the message light will be on.
- If someone calls your extension and presses that message key, the message light will be on.
To turn off the message waiting light, simply retrieve your Voice Mail messages. If the light is still on after you have retrieved your messages, or if you do not have any messages, lift your handset and press the MESSAGE key. This will call the person back that messaged you. Alternatively, you can press the MESSAGE key and press * *. Your message light should now be off.