If your Tampa business needs new cable wiring, Phone-Link FL can provide the up-to-date data solutions that will keep you competitive. We offer structured cabling for phone, internet, and Ethernet, as well as cloud based phone systems.
When Can Phone-Link FL Help?
- Upgrading: We live in a highly competitive and fast-paced economy where businesses can’t afford to be slowed down by poor communications or dropped calls. The amount of data sent across the internet is also growing exponentially, and your cable wiring infrastructure needs to be able to support these growing requirements in order to stay ahead of the competition.
- Moving: Moving into a new office means more space to grow, but it will almost never come with up to date internet and Ethernet wiring. There is no need to attempt to run wiring along walls or use routers to attempt to provide full internet coverage around the new office. We can install wall jacks at each desk to keep everything organized and efficient.
- Expanding: Growing Tampa companies constantly require more space to accommodate their ever increasing staff. We can guarantee that your new addition will be fully connected to your existing network without any hiccups or connectivity issues so your staff can continue to communicate as efficiently as possible.
While the reasons for having new cable wiring installed can vary by both company and circumstance, Phone-Link FL can swiftly handle the installation so you can get right back to business.
Types of Cable Wiring
This is the slowest speed cable (10/100 Mbps speeds operating at 100MHz) and is mostly obsolete. With the increasing demands, and larger amounts of data the need to be transmitted regularly, it’s becoming impossible for a business to function using Cat 5. It doesn’t matter if you have a 10 GB fiber optic cable supplying internet to your office, if your Ethernet cables are still Cat 5, your internet speed will go no higher than 100Mbps. If your Tampa office had its internet installed 10 years ago or longer, this is the reason why your upload and download speeds are so slow.
Currently the most common cable wiring used in installations, this generation can support speeds of up to 1000mbps at 100MHz, which is significantly faster than its predecessor. Cat 5e also allows you to run cable up to 100m before the signal begins to degrade (the speed decreases because not all the bits make it through on the first trip). This is also the first generation designed to reduce crosstalk (interference from nearby wires).
Cat 6 and Cat 6A, are the most modern options available. Cat 6 cable wiring operates at a frequency of 250MHZ, doubling the bandwidth, and offering speeds of up to 10 GB, an order of magnitude higher than Cat 5e. Cat 6A takes it a step further, with improved specifications in preventing any interference, and a guaranteed performance of up to 500MHz. Both Cat6 and Cat6A are backwards compatible with Cat5e systems and can be run up to 100m.
Unlike with traditional copper, fiber optic cable wiring is composed of hair-like silica glass fibers, and transmits information using light rather than electricity. Also capable of 10 GB transfer speeds, one advantage of fiber optic is that it can be run for much longer distances; up to 40km!
As a business owner in Tampa or Sarasota, it is important to realize that although Cat5e cable wiring is cheaper, and technically sufficient, the demand for higher data requirements is only growing. A cheaper installation of Cat5e today will mean that in 5 years, your infrastructure will be out of date, requiring you to, once again, pay to upgrade.
What Can Phone-Link FL Do For Your Tampa Company?
- VoIP and Cloud based telephones
- Installation of Fiber Optic, Cat 6, and Cat 5e
- Business Phone Systems
- Aerial Cable Installations
- Closed Circuit Television (CCTV)
- Data Networking
Phone-Link FL can provide your Tampa company with faster speeds, clearer call quality, and no dropped calls. All of our technicians are professionally trained and experienced to make your transition swift and painless. We also offer the best customer service in the industry, so if you ever have a problem, all you have to do is call.
What can your business achieve when your employees are able to work more efficiently and communicate more effectively? Find out today by calling us in Tampa at (813) 781-3529.